Skip to content
Holidays of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Holidays of the Republic of Azerbaijan are the following:
- New Year Holiday (January 1 and 2)
- Women Day (March 8 )
- Day of Victory over fascism (May 9)
- Day of Republic (May 28)
- National Salvation Day of Azerbaijani people (June 15)
- Day of Armed Forces of the Republic of Azerbaijan (June 26)
- Day of State Independence (October 18)
- Day of Constitution (November 12)
- National Revival Day (November 17)
- Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis (December 31)
- Novruz Holiday – five days
- Gurban Holiday – two days
- Ramadan Holiday – two days
- New Year Holiday, Women Day, Day of Victory over fascism, Day of Republic, National Salvation Day of Azerbaijani people, Day of Armed Forces of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis, Novruz Holiday and Gurban Holiday are not considered working days.
- Involvement of employees in work in holidays not considered working days can be admitted in exclusive cases meant by this Code only.
- Corresponding executive power body sets days of celebration of Novruz Holiday, Gurban Holiday and Ramadan Holiday for next year and declare to the population by late December.
- If days off between weeks and holidays not considered working days coincide, that day off is passed to working day directly coming after holiday.
- If Gurban and Ramadan holidays coincide with another holiday not considered working day, next working day is considered day off.
- If holidays and days off between weeks come before or after each other, place of these holidays or days off can be changed upon decision of corresponding executive power body to assure consistency of working days and days off.
You may also like...